Signs You Need AC Replacement
1.Old age – AC units last anywhere from 8-12 years on average. How long yours will make it depends on use, environment and maintenance levels. Don’t pump more money into a dying unit the next time it breaks down and make the switch.
2. It requires R22 Freon – Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, AC units that depend on the banned coolant will become cost prohibitive to run in the future. Because of that, don’t put more money into repairing a unit that’s only going to get more expensive and consider AC replacement.
3. One repair after another – We will always be in to fix your AC, but you shouldn’t be getting to know our repairmen by name they’re over to often. At some point the umpteenth repair call will be more expensive than AC replacement in the long run so make the switch.
4. Utility bills keep going up – If even after repair and routine maintenance your electrical bill won’t go down, it might be time for a new unit. All HVAC units get less efficient as time goes on so it may be needing more electricity to achieve the same level of output.
5. An expensive repair – If your repair bill is going to cost close to half of what a new unit installation would, consult our St. Louis AC replacement experts. Putting more money into an older unit is a recipe for spending more than you have to.
Benefits of calling Weis for air conditioning replacement in St. Louis include:
- Higher Efficiency: As mentioned above, one major upside of replacing your current air conditioner is the increased energy efficiency you will be able to enjoy. A new system will not only have a higher SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating, it will also be more customizable to fit your home’s requirements. Start getting the amount of cooling power you need, when you need it, during any season, with a new AC unit from Weis.
- Lower Repair Costs: In addition to lowering your energy bills, replacing your air conditioner will also help you spend less on repairs. Modern AC systems are designed to breakdown less and run at peak efficiency for many years. If you are tired of air conditioners that seem to need a tune-up or a repair every few months, call Weis, and enjoy spending less on AC service in the future.
- Better Health: Modern air conditioners do a better job of regulating indoor air quality, so you don’t end up breathing in bacteria and mold. Plus, after years in use, your current air conditioner is simply more likely to collect dirt, which interferes with your system’s performance and the general quality of your home’s air.
- Increased Property Value: When it comes time to sell your house, a potential buyer is definitely going to see a new, energy-efficient air conditioner as an incentive. And even if you are not planning on moving in the near future, it is worth remembering that if your AC system is between 10 and 15 years old, you will have to replace it soon anyway.
- Greater Comfort: Ultimately, the best reason to replace your air conditioner is simply to get the comprehensive cooling power you deserve. Even if your air conditioner is not leaking or breaking down all the time, no one should have to put up with a system that fails to cool their whole home. Not only is this extremely bad for energy efficiency, it makes life harder for everyone in your household, too. Luckily, Weis has a range of systems that can improve your quality of life and keep you comfortable even during the highest temperatures.
Call Our St. Louis AC Replacement Company Today
At Weis Comfort Systems, just “good” isn’t good enough. We strive to go above and beyond for those we serve, which is why we offer financing options and specials to make our work as affordable as possible. We also promise to enter every service call with the utmost professionalism, treating your home as if it were our own and always cleaning up after ourselves before we leave. And to top it all off, we are available for same-day services and 24/7 emergency appointments, so there is never a bad time to call Weis Comfort Systems.