Air Conditioning Repair. Weis Comfort Systems is your answer to a hot summer. Our certified and trained air conditioning technicians have the skills and experience homeowners need to ensure efficient AC repair in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Weis Comfort Systems specializes in Lennox and Daikin products, and offers 24/7 emergency repair. We can handle AC repair, heating, boilers, air filtration, and other HVAC services to help you through seasonal climate swings. Please request service for a quote and more information about our capabilities.
Weis Heating and Cooling offers year-round maintenance plans, financing, rebates, and are dedicated to helping St. Louis, MO, homeowners with AC repair. Since 1974, Weis has served greater St. Louis area residents, homeowners, and business owners with top-notch AC repair. Meet our team to learn more about our capabilities and experience. Read our customers' reviews here.
Curious how much air conditioning repair costs? We can provide you with a hassle-free quote. Save money by being proactive about your home's HVAC system.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQs for Homeowners
You probably questions about AC repair in general. Here you can find an in-depth list of answers to questions about HVAC systems and how you can prep for summer.
- Should my fan be set to auto?: Typically, an air conditioner's fan increases the humidity in your home if left "on." You can save power during the spring-summer transition by keeping it on "auto."
- Is there anything I should do before calling for service?: If the system isn't working, you can replace the batteries in your thermostat. The most common problems are float switches, filters, and breakers. If you don't know what you're looking at it's advisable to call for service.
- Why would I need AC repair even if I don't use it? Your entire HVAC system accumulates dust in air filters and condensing coils. Your AC system alone can lose an average of 5 percent efficiency over the course of a year and cost you hundreds of dollars in damages. This is avoidable with regular maintenance and cleaning.
- How long should my air conditioner last?: This varies on the brand. Typically, an AC unit is expected to perform for 10-20 years if it's properly maintained. Call for seasonal maintenance to make the most of your investment.
- Is it better to leave my AC on if I'm away?: Unless you're out for a couple of days, it's advisable to leave your AC on. Set it to a reasonable temperature (mid-70s) and set the fan to "auto".
- Why is SEER important?: A system's SEER rating is its estimated efficiency. Most AC units start at 13 but 17-20 is average. We can calculate the estimated dollar savings based on the SEER number.
- When should I check my filters?: If you're hands-on and know what you're looking for, every month or two. More residents or pets can increase how much debris gets in the filters. It's also important to keep track of when you change them; our St. Louis, MO, AC repair technicians will ask.
- When should I get my AC heating and cooling serviced?: Ideally, you want to have your systems checked out once per year. Spring is a great time to do this. You can request service and set up an appointment with Weis Heating and Cooling today.
Let Weis help you keep your AC system healthy and efficient. Our certified technicians are only a phone call away.