Air Filtration Systems
An air filtration system is a system that purifies the air and cleans it of pollutants. Its purpose is to improve the air quality of an indoor space. When it comes to Freeburg, IL air filtration systems, Weis Heating and Cooling is the best. We will answer all your questions, help you choose the best products for your home, and provide installation and ongoing maintenance.. Request information online or call us at 636-432-5032 today.
Freeburg, IL Air Filtration Systems
Freeburg, IL air filtration systems come in different sizes and utilize different filtration strategies. On a fundamental level, all HVAC systems use some kind of air filter. They keep large particles such as dust and pollen from being circulated through your home via the air ducts. Other systems make use of multiple filters in one system. There are portable single-room air cleaners as well as whole-home systems.
The Purpose of Air Filters
Products for Freeburg, IL air filtration systems can trap solid particles as well as gasses and chemical compounds. Different filtration methods target different pollutants, and different products may be more effective depending on your needs.
Air filtration systems are useful for removing the following from the air in a Freeburg, IL home:
- pet hair and dander
- bacteria and viruses
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
The presence of such pollutants in a Freeburg home is especially problematic for residents with allergies, asthma, or other health concerns. This makes a quality air filtration system a must for these people. Still, even if their health is excellent, everyone benefits from improving the air quality in their home. Filtration systems assist a home with air cleanliness, health threats, and stuffiness and odor problems.
Types of Air Filters
There are different types of filters commonly used in Freeburg, IL air filtration systems. They all have various benefits and weaknesses. Those filters include:
- Mechanical filters: These are simple filters typically made of layered fiberglass, cotton, or polyester. They trap the largest particles that are carried in the air but are too big to pass through the fibrous layers. While fiberglass filters are really only effective enough to keep large particles from damaging your HVAC system, pleated cotton or polyester filters are slightly more effective and can help purify the air for your health.
- HEPA filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters are a type of mechanical filter, but they work a little differently. The design consists of fibers that, instead of being arranged in simple layers, are randomly woven and contorted throughout the sealed filter itself. It works by slowing down and bringing to a stop even very small particles, in addition to trapping the larger pieces. HEPA filters are highly efficient, blocking at least 99.7% of particles 0.3 microns or bigger.
- Electronic filters: These include electrostatic filters and ionizers. They charge particles in the air by sending out charged ozone or ions that make contact. The formerly neutral pollutants leave the air and instead stick to surfaces like walls and floors. The electrostatic filter goes one step further and collects the charged particles in the machine.
- Activated Carbon filters: An activated carbon filter is a porous carbon that combats gasses and odors, and is usually used as a supplement to one of the other types of filters. Powerful activated carbon filters can even trap volatile organic compounds.
- UV lights: UV lights are germicidal. As such, UV lights can be installed in certain parts of an to eliminate harmful microbes and viruses.
Keeping the Air in Your Freeburg, IL Home Clean
There are additional ways to improve the quality and circulation of air in your home as well. To supplement your Freeburg air filtration system, try any of these tips:
- When the weather permits, open your windows to let less-polluted outside air inside your house. As long as you don't have seasonal allergies, allow outside air into your home when you can.
- Clean and vacuum regularly. An air filter will not trap particles that are too small and can only catch particles when they are in the air. They can't do anything about pollutants that settle to the ground. Vacuuming floors and cleaning surfaces help keep dust out of your air.
- Be aware of your chemical use and storage. Heavy-duty cleaning chemicals or products like paint and glue pollute the air you breathe as well. If you must have chemical products, keep them in the garage or basement, away from your living areas.
- Use exhaust fans. Most homes have fans to help move air from the kitchen and the bathrooms.
Learn about some of the other services Weis Comfort Systems provides, including:
Contact Weis Comfort Systems today. Our skilled technicians will help you choose from the industry's leading brands. Your comfort and safety are important to us and we will make sure you get the Freeburg, IL air filtration system that meets your needs. More than ever, it's important to do everything we can to keep our air clean and our families healthy and safe. Making sure your Freeburg, IL home has an effective, high-quality air filtration system in place is a great way to do that.