Air Filtration Systems
An air filtration system is a system that purifies the air and cleans it of pollutants. Its purpose is to improve the air quality of an indoor space. Weis Heating and Cooling is the best choice for all things related to Richmond Heights, MO filtration systems. From answering your questions to finding the right product for you to installing and maintaining your system, Weis is here for you. Request information online or call us at 636-432-5032 today.
Richmond Heights, MO Air Filtration Systems
There are different types and sizes of air filtration systems appropriate for a Richmond Heights residence. On a fundamental level, all HVAC systems use some kind of air filter. They keep large particles such as dust and pollen from being circulated through your home via the air ducts. Other systems make use of multiple filters in one system. There are portable single-room air cleaners as well as whole-home systems.
The Purpose of Air Filters
Richmond Heights, MO air filtration systems contain products that catch solid particles in addition to chemicals and gasses. Different filtration methods target different pollutants, and different products may be more effective depending on your needs.
Air filtration systems are useful for removing the following from the air in a Richmond Heights, MO home:
- pet hair and dander
- bacteria and viruses
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Richmond Heights residents who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other health issues are especially sensitive to air pollutants. This makes a quality air filtration system a must for these people. Still, even if their health is excellent, everyone benefits from improving the air quality in their home. A filtration system can help anybody by keeping their house cleaner, reducing their risk of illness, and doing away with stuffiness throughout their home.
Types of Air Filters
There are different types of filters commonly used in Richmond Heights, MO air filtration systems. Each one has their own benefits and weaknesses. Those filters include:
- Mechanical filters: These are simple filters typically made of layered fiberglass, cotton, or polyester. They trap the largest particles that are carried in the air but are too big to pass through the fibrous layers. Pleated cotton or polyester filters are slightly more effective than fiberglass, which is primarily meant to protect your HVAC system from damage rather than purifying the air for your health.
- HEPA filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters work a little differently, but are still a type of mechanical filter. The design consists of fibers that, instead of being arranged in simple layers, are randomly woven and contorted throughout the sealed filter itself. It not only catches particles that attach to the fibers initially, but also slows smaller particles down so much that they come to a stop. HEPA filters are highly efficient, blocking at least 99.7% of particles 0.3 microns or bigger.
- Electronic filters: These include electrostatic filters and ionizers. They charge particles in the air by sending out charged ozone or ions that make contact. The charge causes the particles to stick to walls and surfaces rather than floating in the air The electrostatic filter goes one step further and collects the charged particles in the machine.
- Activated Carbon filters: Typically used in conjunction with one of the above-listed filters, an activated carbon filter is one made of porous carbon which traps gasses and odors that pass through it. Powerful activated carbon filters can even trap volatile organic compounds.
- UV lights: UV lights are germicidal. As such, UV lights are often used HVAC system to eliminate harmful microbes and viruses.
Keeping the Air in Your Richmond Heights, MO Home Clean
You can also take extra steps to improve the air quality in your home. To supplement your Richmond Heights air filtration system, try any of these tips:
- When the weather permits, open your windows to let less-polluted outside air inside your house. As long as you don't have seasonal allergies, allow outside air into your home when you can.
- Clean and vacuum regularly. Some particles are too small to be trapped by an air filter and can only catch particles when they are in the air. Once particles land on the floor or another surface, an air filter cannot contain them. Vacuuming floors and cleaning surfaces help keep dust out of your air.
- Be aware of your chemical use and storage. Heavy-duty cleaning chemicals or products like paint and glue pollute the air you breathe as well. If you must have chemical products, keep them in the garage or basement, away from your living areas.
- Use exhaust fans. Most homes have fans to help move air from the kitchen and the bathrooms.
Learn about some of the other services Weis Comfort Systems provides, including:
Contact Weis Comfort Systems today. We carry top industry brands and have a team of highly qualified technicians. We will answer all your questions and make sure you get the most out of your Richmond Heights, MO air filtration system. With health and safety concerns in the fore, we want to do everything we can to help. Making sure your Richmond Heights, MO home has an effective, high-quality air filtration system in place is a great way to do that.