We are all very aware of the fast-spreading virus known as COVID-19. It’s been apart of our lives for over a year and has caused immeasurable destruction on the world and lives around us. It’s hard to think that there’s any step you can take that might protect you against something like this. Aside from wearing a mask in public and adhering to social distancing guidelines, there’s one more thing you can do to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Install an iWave air purifying system.
How Does the iWave Stack up Against COVID-19?
It’s important to remember that on their own, air cleaners and filters are not enough to protect people from COVID-19. However, when used in conjunction with CDC protocols, they can greatly reduce the risk of transmission inside of your home or business.
iWave has run several tests on different models of their air purification systems and come up with these results:
- At 10 minutes, 84.2% of the virus was inactivated,
- At 15 minutes, 92.6% of the virus was inactivated,
- And at 30 minutes, 99.4% of the virus was inactivated.
Even without COVID-19 on the prowl, it’s important to keep your indoor air quality at the forefront of your mind. Your indoor air can affect many aspects of your life and health, and there are different types of pollution to be aware of.
The three main types of indoor air pollutants are:
- Particles: Particles include anything in your home that’s as tiny as .3 microns. This includes dust, pet dander, and pollen. Despite being extremely small, particles are still harmful when ingested by humans.
- VOCs: VOCs, or volatile organic compounds, include gas, vapor, smoke, and other common aerosols. VOCs can be released through smoking, turning on your gas stove, spraying an air freshener, etc.
- Biological Contaminants: A biological contaminant is any microscopic organism in your air that is dangerous to humans. This includes everything from mold spores and bacteria to pathogens and viruses.
If you want to learn more about the iWave system and inquire about installing one in your home, don’t hesitate to contact our team for more information. Either visit our website or give us a call at (636) 202-0073 and we would be happy to help.