Air Filtration Systems
An air filtration system is a system that purifies the air and cleans it of pollutants. They are used to enhance the air quality inside a home or other building. When it comes to Calhoun County, IL air filtration systems, Weis Heating and Cooling is the best. We will answer all your questions, help you choose the best products for your home, and provide installation and ongoing maintenance.. Request information online or call us at (636) 202-0073 today.
Calhoun County, IL Air Filtration Systems
There are different types and sizes of air filtration systems appropriate for a Calhoun County residence. On a fundamental level, all HVAC systems use some kind of air filter. They keep large particles such as dust and pollen from being circulated through your home via the air ducts. Then there are more complex systems that contain multiple filters. There are portable single-room air cleaners as well as whole-home systems.
Weis Comfort Systems offers multiple specials and discounts every month for our services. These special offers make Weis Comfort one of the most affordable choices in St Louis and Illinois for getting your AC unit or furnace repaired/replaced. Please see below for our latest offers and contact us at (636) 202-0073.
The Purpose of Air Filters
Calhoun County, IL air filtration systems contain products that catch solid particles in addition to chemicals and gasses. Different filtration methods target different pollutants, and different products may be more effective depending on your needs.
Air filtration systems are useful for removing the following from the air in a Calhoun County, IL home:
- pet hair and dander
- bacteria and viruses
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
The presence of such pollutants in a Calhoun County home is especially problematic for residents with allergies, asthma, or other health concerns. This makes a quality air filtration system a must for these people. Still, even if their health is excellent, everyone benefits from improving the air quality in their home. A filtration system can help anybody by keeping their house cleaner, reducing their risk of illness, and doing away with stuffiness throughout their home.
Types of Air Filters
There are different types of filters commonly used in Calhoun County, IL air filtration systems. Each one has various benefits and weaknesses. Those filters include:
- Mechanical filters: Commonly made of layers of fiberglass, cotton, or polyester, these are the simplest filters. They trap the largest particles that are carried in the air but are too big to pass through the fibrous layers. Pleated cotton or polyester filters are slightly more effective than fiberglass, which is primarily meant to protect your HVAC system from damage rather than purifying the air for your health.
- HEPA filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters are a type of mechanical filter, but they work a little differently. The design consists of fibers that, instead of being arranged in simple layers, are randomly woven and contorted throughout the sealed filter itself. It works by slowing down and bringing to a stop even very small particles, in addition to trapping the larger pieces. HEPA filters are highly efficient, blocking at least 99.7% of particles 0.3 microns or bigger.
- Electronic filters: These include electrostatic filters and ionizers. They emit charged ions or ozone into the room. They come in contact with particles in the air and give those particles a charge. The charge causes the particles to stick to walls and surfaces rather than floating in the air The electrostatic filter goes one step further and collects the charged particles in the machine.
- Activated Carbon filters: Typically used in conjunction with one of the above-listed filters, an activated carbon filter is one made of porous carbon which traps gasses and odors that pass through it. Powerful activated carbon filters can even trap volatile organic compounds.
- UV lights: UV lights are germicidal. As such, UV lights are often used HVAC system to eliminate harmful microbes and viruses.
Keeping the Air in Your Calhoun County, IL Home Clean
There are additional ways to improve the quality and circulation of air in your home as well. To supplement your Calhoun County air filtration system, try any of these tips:
- Open windows when the weather allows. Outdoor air is generally much less polluted than indoor air. As long as you don't have seasonal allergies, allow outside air into your home when you can.
- Clean and vacuum regularly. An air filter will not trap particles that are too small and can only catch particles when they are in the air. Once particles land on the floor or another surface, an air filter cannot contain them. Vacuuming floors and cleaning surfaces help keep dust out of your air.
- Be aware of your chemical use and storage. Heavy-duty cleaning chemicals or products like paint and glue pollute the air you breathe as well. If you must have chemical products, keep them in the garage or basement, away from your living areas.
- Use exhaust fans. Most homes have fans to help move air from the kitchen and the bathrooms.
Learn about some of the other services Weis Comfort Systems provides, including:
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Furnace Maintenance
- Fall HVAC Maintenance
- AC Maintenance
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning Repair
Contact Weis Comfort Systems today. We carry top industry brands and have a team of highly qualified technicians. We will answer all your questions and make sure you get the most out of your Calhoun County, IL air filtration system. More than ever, it's important to do everything we can to keep our air clean and our families healthy and safe. Making sure your Calhoun County, IL home has an effective, high-quality air filtration system in place is a great way to do that.
Serving St Louis and Illinois for over 80 Years
Richard Weis returned from WWII asked for the keys from his dad and re-opened the shop as Weis Heating Company. He had a process and a plan to economically install central heating in all new homes with the new blower-driven gas furnaces. The housing boom that followed the war allowed the company to expand rapidly.
Nearly 80 years later, the current Weis generation continues the tradition of providing a quality, affordable HVAC service for our customers. At Weis, "When you live and sleep comfortably, so do we."