Air Filtration Systems
An air filtration system is a system that purifies the air and cleans it of pollutants. They are used to enhance the air quality inside a home or other building. When it comes to Chesterfield, MO air filtration systems, Weis Heating and Cooling is the best. We will answer all your questions, help you choose the best products for your home, and provide installation and ongoing maintenance.. Request information online or call us at (636) 202-0073 today.
Chesterfield, MO Air Filtration Systems
Chesterfield, MO air filtration systems come in different sizes and utilize different filtration strategies. On a fundamental level, all HVAC systems use some kind of air filter. They keep large particles such as dust and pollen from being circulated through your home via the air ducts. Then there are more complex systems that contain multiple filters. There are portable single-room air cleaners as well as whole-home systems.
Weis Comfort Systems offers multiple specials and discounts every month for our services. These special offers make Weis Comfort one of the most affordable choices in St Louis and Illinois for getting your AC unit or furnace repaired/replaced. Please see below for our latest offers and contact us at (636) 202-0073.
The Purpose of Air Filters
Products for Chesterfield, MO air filtration systems can trap solid particles as well as gasses and chemical compounds. Different filtration methods target different pollutants, and different products will meet different needs.
Air filtration systems are useful for removing the following from the air in a Chesterfield, MO home:
- pet hair and dander
- bacteria and viruses
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
The presence of such pollutants in a Chesterfield home is especially problematic for residents with allergies, asthma, or other health concerns. This makes a quality air filtration system a must for these people. However, even the healthiest person stands to benefit from effectively filtering the air in their home. Filtration systems assist a home with air cleanliness, health threats, and stuffiness and odor problems.
Types of Air Filters
There are different types of filters commonly used in Chesterfield, MO air filtration systems. Each one has various benefits and weaknesses. Those filters include:
- Mechanical filters: Commonly made of layers of fiberglass, cotton, or polyester, these are the simplest filters. They trap the largest particles that are carried in the air but are too big to pass through the fibrous layers. While fiberglass filters are really only effective enough to keep large particles from damaging your HVAC system, pleated cotton or polyester filters are slightly more effective and can help purify the air for your health.
- HEPA filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters work a little differently, but are still a type of mechanical filter. The design consists of fibers that, instead of being arranged in simple layers, are randomly woven and contorted throughout the sealed filter itself. It not only catches particles that attach to the fibers initially, but also slows smaller particles down so much that they come to a stop. HEPA filters are highly efficient, blocking at least 99.7% of particles 0.3 microns or bigger.
- Electronic filters: These include electrostatic filters and ionizers. They charge particles in the air by sending out charged ozone or ions that make contact. The charge causes the particles to stick to walls and surfaces rather than floating in the air The electrostatic filter goes one step further and collects the charged particles in the machine.
- Activated Carbon filters: Typically used in conjunction with one of the above-listed filters, an activated carbon filter is one made of porous carbon which traps gasses and odors that pass through it. Powerful activated carbon filters can even trap volatile organic compounds.
- UV lights: UV lights kill many germs. As such, UV lights are often used in certain parts of an to eliminate harmful microbes and viruses.
Keeping the Air in Your Chesterfield, MO Home Clean
You can also take extra steps to improve the air quality in your home. To supplement your Chesterfield air filtration system, try any of these tips:
- When the weather permits, open your windows to let less-polluted outside air inside your house. As long as you don't have seasonal allergies, allow outside air into your home when you can.
- Clean and vacuum regularly. An air filter will not trap particles that are too small and can only catch particles when they are in the air. They can't do anything about pollutants that settle to the ground. Vacuuming floors and cleaning surfaces help keep dust out of your air.
- Be aware of your chemical use and storage. Heavy-duty cleaning chemicals or products like paint and glue pollute the air you breathe as well. If you must have chemical products, keep them in the garage or basement, away from your living areas.
- Use exhaust fans. Most homes have fans to help move air from the kitchen and the bathrooms.
Learn about some of the other services Weis Comfort Systems provides, including:
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Furnace Maintenance
- Fall HVAC Maintenance
- AC Maintenance
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- HVAC Contractors
- Furnace Repair Services
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Heating and Cooling
Contact Weis Comfort Systems today. Our skilled technicians will help you choose from the industry's leading brands. We will answer all your questions and make sure you get the most out of your Chesterfield, MO air filtration system. With health and safety concerns in the fore, we want to do everything we can to help. Making sure your Chesterfield, MO home has an effective, high-quality air filtration system in place is a great way to do that.
Serving St Louis and Illinois for over 80 Years
Richard Weis returned from WWII asked for the keys from his dad and re-opened the shop as Weis Heating Company. He had a process and a plan to economically install central heating in all new homes with the new blower-driven gas furnaces. The housing boom that followed the war allowed the company to expand rapidly.
Nearly 80 years later, the current Weis generation continues the tradition of providing a quality, affordable HVAC service for our customers. At Weis, "When you live and sleep comfortably, so do we."