Fall HVAC Maintenance Franklin County, MO
Annual fall HVAC maintenance is important for any home. Conduct simple maintenance on your Franklin County, MO HVAC system every fall season as a simple way to ensure the longevity of your heating and cooling system, protect the comfort and safety of your family during the winter, and save money on winter heating bills. Weis Comfort Systems offers industry-leading service. We take pride in our work, are knowledgeable in all areas of heating and cooling, and strive to save you money while providing great service. Sign up for a fall HVAC maintenance plan or call us at (636) 431-5032 to discuss our offerings with one of our experts.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
Take advantage of the fall season to do some routine maintenance and preparation work on your Franklin County home HVAC system. Fall is the perfect time to address your Franklin County, MO HVAC maintenance needs; it's no longer hot and humid, and not yet frigid and icy. At this point in the fall, your system isn't working too hard, which is the perfect time to do repairs and make upgrades. Any necessary repairs can be done before your heating system has to work too hard. By performing HVAC maintenance in the fall, you can manage your Franklin County, MO home's heating problems before they affect your utility bill or the comfort and safety of your family.
Fall Maintenance Steps You Should Take
Franklin County, MO fall HVAC maintenance is important, and is how you can ensure your family's comfortability and safety for the winter season. However, important doesn't have to mean difficult. In fact, there are many simple steps you can take on your own to prepare your home heating and cooling system for the fall and winter. We recommend that anyone with a home does the following fall HVAC maintenance:
- Adjust your thermostat. Set your programmable thermostat to a comfortable temperature when you are home, and set it a few degrees higher for the times you are out of the house; it will save significant energy and money over time. If you don't have a programmable thermostat, this is a good time to replace it with a new smart thermostat which can make an even bigger impact.
- Clean or replace air filters. Keeping a clean air filter in your home HVAC system is an effortless but impactful maintenance tip to improve the air quality in your home and keep your HVAC system at maximum functionality. Filters should be replaced monthly (every three months at the least) if your system uses disposable filters, and should be washed as often if your system contains a reusable one. If you have been neglecting monthly filter replacements, your fall HVAC maintenance routine is the perfect time to get back on track.
- Clean air vents. Check all the vents throughout your house. Remove any obstructions like furniture that could block the exchange of air in and out of the vents. Use this opportunity to dust the vents as well, as this will minimize the amount of dust and other irritants that will circulate throughout your home.
- Seal leaks. Use this fall HVAC maintenance as an opportunity to winterize your Franklin County, MO home with simple things like sealing air leaks. Seal windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping and replace broken windows. If you find a leak in your air ducts, it can be remedied with aluminum foil tape. For major ductwork problems, call a professional.
- Clean the area around outdoor units. For many Franklin County homes, part of the HVAC system is housed outdoors. This usually includes the AC condenser unit, and in some cases the heat pump. To promote maximum efficiency and to prevent fires and other hazards, keep the area clean and clear. As we get into the autumn season, plant growth that took place over the summer dies or goes dormant. Trim back grass and other growth and remove dead leaves and branches.
Schedule Fall HVAC Maintenance For Your Home
Make a big difference in your Franklin County home heating system's effectiveness and efficiency by taking simple fall maintenance steps. They are best when supplemented by professional HVAC maintenance. Schedule a routine maintenance visit during which a certified HVAC professional can examine your system and identify weak points. If you encounter issues while conducting your own fall HVAC maintenance routine, you can contact a professional and schedule repairs that can be completed before temperatures drop.
Fall is also an excellent time to visit the possibility of installing new equipment. Outdated products and units need to be replaced, and you can take advantage of Franklin County, MO incentives offered for replacing heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioning units, and thermostats with new, more efficient models. Evaluate the condition and performance of your current equipment at the beginning of the season during the rest of your fall HVAC maintenance. Discuss your best replacement options with a technician and get the new products installed in time for the winter.
HVAC Services | Weis Comfort Systems
Don't waste any time. Begin fall HVAC maintenance on your Franklin County, MO home right away. Contact Weis Comfort Systems or call us at (636) 431-5032 today and ask us about our maintenance plans. We will help you understand your home's needs, provide repairs and maintenance services, and recommend products to improve the overall performance of your home system.