Fall HVAC Maintenance Kirkwood, MO
Yearly fall HVAC maintenance is beneficial to your home and easy to do. Conduct simple maintenance on your Kirkwood, MO HVAC system every fall season as a simple way to keep your home's heating and cooling system healthy, keep your family cozy and safe, and keep your winter utility costs down. Weis Comfort Systems offers industry-leading service. We take pride in our work, are knowledgeable in all areas of heating and cooling, and strive to save you money while providing great service. Sign up for a fall HVAC maintenance plan or call us at (636) 431-5032 to discuss our offerings with one of our experts.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
Take advantage of the fall season to do some routine maintenance and preparation work on your Kirkwood home HVAC system. Fall is the perfect time to address your Kirkwood, MO HVAC maintenance needs; it's no longer hot and humid, and not yet frigid and icy. At this point in the fall, your system isn't working too hard, which is the perfect time to do repairs and make upgrades. If there are any issues with your heating system, you can catch them and address them before it's time to actively heat your home. By performing HVAC maintenance in the fall, you can manage your Kirkwood, MO home's heating problems before they affect your utility bill or the comfort and safety of your family.
Fall Maintenance Steps You Should Take
Kirkwood, MO fall HVAC maintenance is important, and a significant way to prepare your home to keep you comfortable all winter. However, important doesn't have to mean difficult. In fact, there are many simple steps you can take on your own to prepare your home heating and cooling system for the fall and winter. We recommend that anyone with a home does the following fall HVAC maintenance:
- Adjust your thermostat. Set your programmable thermostat to a comfortable temperature when you are home, and set it a few degrees higher for the times you are out of the house; it will save significant energy and money over time. If you have an older, outdated thermostat, this is a good time to replace it with a new smart thermostat which can make an even bigger impact.
- Clean or replace air filters. Keeping a clean air filter in your home HVAC system is an effortless but impactful maintenance tip to improve the air quality in your home and keep your HVAC system at maximum functionality. If your system takes disposable filters, you should replace them every one to three months. For systems with a reusable filter, follow the manufacturer instructions on washing the filter every one to three months. If you haven't been changing the filter as often as you should, fall maintenance time is an opportunity to establish a schedule and start fresh.
- Clean air vents. Check all the vents throughout your house. Remove any obstructions like furniture that could block the exchange of air in and out of the vents. Use this opportunity to dust the vents as well, as this will minimize the amount of dust and other irritants that will circulate throughout your home.
- Seal leaks. Use this fall HVAC maintenance as an opportunity to winterize your Kirkwood, MO home with simple things like sealing air leaks. Use caulk and weather stripping to patch up leaks coming from windows and doorways. Replace cracked or broken windows. Use aluminum tape to patch up leaky air ducts. For major ductwork problems, call a professional.
- Clean the area around outdoor units. For many Kirkwood homes, part of the HVAC system is housed outdoors. This usually includes the AC condenser unit, and in some cases the heat pump. For safety and efficiency reasons, it's important to keep the area clear and the unit clean. As we get into the autumn season, plant growth that took place over the summer dies or goes dormant. Trim back grass and other growth and remove dead leaves and branches.
Schedule Fall HVAC Maintenance For Your Home
A simple fall maintenance routine goes a long way in keeping your Kirkwood home heating system functioning efficiently. Couple it with professional HVAC services for best results. Schedule a routine maintenance visit during which a certified HVAC professional can examine your system and identify weak points. If you encounter issues while conducting your own fall HVAC maintenance routine, you can contact a professional and schedule repairs that can be completed before temperatures drop.
Fall is also an excellent time to visit the possibility of installing new equipment. Outdated products and units need to be replaced, and you can take advantage of Kirkwood, MO incentives offered for replacing heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioning units, and thermostats with new, more efficient models. By conducting your regular fall HVAC maintenance at the beginning of every fall season, you have plenty of time to consult with a professional on the best product for your home and to schedule installation before winter begins.
HVAC Services | Weis Comfort Systems
Get started with your Kirkwood, MO home's fall HVAC maintenance right away. Contact Weis Comfort Systems or call us at (636) 431-5032 today and ask us about our maintenance plans. We will help you understand your home's needs, provide repairs and maintenance services, and recommend products to improve the overall performance of your home system.