Furnace maintenance. Your furnace is a very important actor in your home. It keeps you cozy and comfortable all winter long. Help it keep your family warm by scheduling professional furnace maintenance every year. With regular maintenance, your furnace will work better and last longer, and counting on a professional for these services ensures that it will be done correctly, and minor issues will be caught early.
Weis Comfort Systems provides professional furnance maintenance services to homes throughout the greater St. Louis area. Our professionally trained and certified HVAC technicians have the experience and skills necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in the St. Louis area. For a furnace tune-up, repair, or new furnace installation, as well as all your other HVAC needs, contact us today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or request service online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
As a Missouri or Illinois resident, you are familiar with the unpredictable weather we face throughout the year. While those of us who grew up in the chilly winters of the midwest may relish our fun in the cold winter snow, low temperatures are best enjoyed outdoors and aren't meant for inside our homes, where our families shelter.
As with other HVAC maintenance like air conditioner maintenance, it is recommended that homeowners schedule furnace maintenance once a year. Technically, furnace maintenance can be done any time throughout the year, but fall is the most opportune time to have this service completed. Your furnace should be inspected for issues and evaluated for performance abilities in the fall before temperatures drop for the year and you start heavily relying on your furnace to keep your home warm. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance
Like many things, a furnace wears down over time. Dust, lint, and grime build-up, parts begin to wear down, and overall performance declines. That is, unless proper and regular furnace maintenance is done. Annual furnace maintenance includes a list of inspections, testing, and cleaning services to help your unit stay running at its best. The right HVAC maintenance, including furnace maintenance, can reduce a household's energy consumption, and utility bill, by up to 30 percent, according to Energy Star.
With yearly furnace maintenance, you can expect to:
- Save money: Regularly scheduled furnace maintenance is an exercise in prevention. Furnace maintenance will help you keep your furnace clean and running efficiently. It will help you avoid unforeseen HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you will less frequently need additional repairs or unit replacement. Keeping your furnace working at its peak capacity also keeps your gas bill low and saves you money on your monthly utilities. Switch to a smart thermostat for even further home energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance not only prevents potential issues, but also maximizes performance strength and efficiency. A happy, healthy furnace heats your home quickly and entirely and keeps your family comfortable even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In addition to keeping your furnace healthy and working well, which will keep it around longer, regular furnace maintenance may be necessary for your warranty. Some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be valid.
- Avoid emergencies: Scheduling regular maintenance of your furnace is a practice in prevention. Your HVAC professional will be able to detect potential issues before they lead to bigger problems that require extensive repairs or even cause sudden breakdowns and other furnace-related emergencies.
- Safety: With professional furnace maintenance, your technician will make sure that your furnace and the area around it is clean and everything is properly connected. This can save you and your family from potential fires and toxic fuel leaks. They are equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other gasses.
- Convenience: By scheduling a maintenance call for your furnace, you can have it done when it's convenient for you. That maintenance will reduce the likelihood that you will require emergency HVAC services, too, which can disrupt other plans when you least expect it.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Our professional furnace tune-up includes an extensive checklist of cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will make sure all parts of your home furnace and heating system, including the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, and thermostat, are correctly connected and functioning properly. All of our maintenance visits include the services listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
Rely on the professionals to keep your furnace working well through annual maintenance. And in the event that something eventually breaks or decide it's time to upgrade to a new furnace, call Weis for furnace repairs or furnace installation.
You are doing yourself and your furnace a huge service by scheduling professional furnace maintenance every year, and using other professional services when necessary. However, there are some actions you can take on your own to keep your furnace healthy. Check and replace air filters, keep vents and ducts clean and clear, and try these other DIY tips.
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is a family business and has been an integral part of the St. Louis area community for nearly half a century. Time has proven Weis Comfort Systems to be the leading provider for all heating and cooling services. Our priority has always been to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. We provide the best professional furnace and HVAC services while bringing you value and savings.
View our maintenance plans, and speak to our experienced technicians to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.