Ames, IL Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance in Ames, IL. Your furnace is a very important actor in your household. It is what keep you comfy and cozy all winter long. Do your part to keep your family warm by scheduling professional furnace maintenance in Ames, IL every year. When maintenance is done regularly, your furnace will work better and last longer. Seeking a qualified technician for these services ensures that it will be done correctly, and minor problems will be detected early.
Weis Comfort Systems provides professional furnance maintenance services to homes throughout the Ames area. Our certified and trained HVAC technicians have the skills and experience necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in Ames, IL. Count on Weis Comfort Systems for all your home's HVAC needs, including a Ames, IL furnace tune-up, repair, or installation. Reach out today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
As a Ames resident, you are familiar with the unpredictable weather we face throughout the year. Even those of us who cherish recreational fun in the cold outdoors of a midwestern winter, though, deserve and require a warm home in which we can seek shelter.
As with other HVAC maintenance like air conditioner maintenance, we recommend that homeowners schedule furnace maintenance once annually. Technically, Ames, IL furnace maintenance can be done any time throughout the year, but fall is the most opportune time to have this service completed. Prior to the onset of the cold season when your furnace will be working its hardest, you should have an HVAC technician evaluate your furnace's performance capabilities and investigate any possible problems. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance in Ames
Like many things, a furnace wears down over time. Over time, it gets dirty, worn down, and less effective. With the appropriate care and attention, like furnace maintenance, this can be avoided. Annual Ames, IL furnace maintenance includes a list of inspections, testing, and cleaning services to support your unit's overall health and performance. With a good HVAC maintenance schedule, including furnace maintenance every year in the fall, you can reduce a household's energy consumption, and utility bill, by up to 30 percent, according to Energy Star.
With yearly furnace maintenance in Ames, you can expect to:
- Save money: Ames, IL furnace maintenance helps your furnace stay clean and efficient. You will be less likely to run into sudden HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you won't need repairs or replacement products installed as often. Maximizing your furnace's efficiency means a lower gas bill, saving you money on your monthly bills. Switch to a smart thermostat to make your home even more energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance keeps major problems from developing and enhances the strength and efficiency of your system. A a properly functioning furnace keeps your entire home and your family warm whenever you need it to, even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In addition to keeping your furnace healthy and working well, which will keep it around longer, regular furnace maintenance may be necessary for your warranty. If you need to use the warranty, you may need to present maintenance documentation, as some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be valid.
- Avoid emergencies: Regularly scheduled furnace maintenance is an exercise in prevention. Your HVAC professional will be able to detect potential issues before they lead to bigger problems that require extensive repairs or even cause sudden breakdowns and other furnace-related emergencies.
- Safety: With professional Ames, IL furnace maintenance, your technician will make sure that your furnace and the area around it is clean and everything is properly connected. This can save you and your family from potential fires and toxic fuel leaks. They are equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other harmful gasses.
- Convenience: By acting proactively and having maintenance done, you can operate on your terms at a time that is most convenient for you. You will be less likely to require emergency HVAC services, too, which can disrupt other plans when you least expect it.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Our professional furnace tune-up includes an extensive checklist of cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will examine the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, thermostat, and all other parts of your furnace and air exchange system to make sure everything is correctly connected and functioning properly. All of our maintenance visits include the services listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
Rely on the professionals to keep your furnace working well through annual maintenance. And in the event that something eventually breaks or decide it's time to upgrade to a new furnace, call Weis for furnace repairs or furnace installation.
You are doing your home and your heating and cooling system a huge service by scheduling professional Ames, IL furnace maintenance every fall, and using other professional services when necessary. However, you can take additional steps on your own to keep your furnace healthy. Check and replace air filters, clean all vents and ducts, and learn about these other DIY tips.
We provide all the HVAC services your home needs, including:
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is proud to be a family business that has been serving the Ames, IL community for almost fifty years. We have been the leading provider for all heating and cooling services in the Ames area. Our priority has always been to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. Our furnace and HVAC services provide both the highest quality at the best value.
View our maintenance plans, and speak to our experienced technicians to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.