Clayton, MO Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance in Clayton, MO. Your furnace is a very important actor in your household. It keeps you cozy and comfortable on even the coldest days of the year. Help it keep your family warm by scheduling professional furnace maintenance in Clayton, MO annually. When maintenance is done regularly, you will enjoy a furnace that functions better and last longer. Counting on a professional for these services means that it will be done correctly, and minor problems will be detected preemptively.
Weis Comfort Systems provides professional furnance maintenance services to residents throughout the Clayton area. Our qualified HVAC technicians have the skills and experience necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in Clayton, MO. Count on Weis Comfort Systems for all your home's HVAC needs, including a Clayton, MO furnace tune-up, repair, or installation. Reach out today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or request service online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
As a Clayton resident, you are familiar with the unpredictable weather we face throughout the year. While those of us who grew up in the chilly winters of the midwest may relish our fun in the cold winter snow, low temperatures are best enjoyed outdoors and aren't meant for inside our homes, where our families shelter.
As with other HVAC maintenance like air conditioner maintenance, we recommend that furnace maintenance is done once a year. Technically, Clayton, MO furnace maintenance can be done any time throughout the year, but fall is the best time to have this service completed. Your furnace should be inspected for issues and evaluated for performance abilities in the fall before temperatures drop for the year and you start heavily relying on your furnace to keep your home warm. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance in Clayton
Like almost anything else, a furnace wears down over time. Dust, lint, and grime build up, parts begin to wear down, and overall performance declines. That is, unless proper and regular furnace maintenance is done. Your Clayton, MO furnace maintenance professional will run through an extensive checklist to inspect, test, adjust, and clean your unit and help your unit stay running at its best. The right HVAC maintenance program, including annual furnace maintenance, can conserve up to 30 percent of your home's standard energy consumption according to Energy Star, which in turn leads to significant monthly utility savings.
With yearly furnace maintenance in Clayton, you can expect to:
- Save money: Clayton, MO furnace maintenance helps your furnace stay clean and efficient. It will help you avoid unforeseen HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you won't need repairs or replacement products installed as often. Maximizing your furnace's efficiency means a lower gas bill, saving you money on your monthly bills. Switch to a smart thermostat for even further home energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance keeps major problems from developing and enhances the strength and efficiency of your system. A happy, healthy furnace keeps your entire home and your family warm whenever you need it to, even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In the process of getting your furnace in tip-top shape through this yearly maintenance, you may also be satisfying your manufacturer's warranty terms. Keep all your records from these yearly services visits, as some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be valid.
- Avoid emergencies: Regularly scheduled furnace maintenance is an exercise in prevention. Your HVAC professional will be able to detect potential issues before they lead to bigger problems that require extensive repairs or even cause sudden breakdowns and other furnace-related emergencies.
- Safety: Professional Clayton, MO furnace maintenance includes, among many other steps, making sure all your furnace components, vents, and surrounding areas are clean and properly connected. This prevents potentially dangerous situations like fires and toxic fuel leaks. Your technician is equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other harmful gasses.
- Convenience: By scheduling a maintenance call for your furnace, you can have it done when it's convenient for you. That maintenance will reduce the likelihood that you will require emergency HVAC services, too, which can disrupt other plans when you least expect it.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Our professional furnace tune-up includes an extensive checklist of cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will examine the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, thermostat, and all other parts of your furnace and air exchange system to make sure everything is correctly connected and functioning properly. Our maintenance services include the items listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
Rely on the professionals to keep your furnace working well through annual maintenance. And in the event that something eventually breaks or decide it's time to upgrade to a new furnace, call Weis for furnace repairs or furnace installation.
You are doing your home and your heating and cooling system a huge service by scheduling professional Clayton, MO furnace maintenance every fall, and using other professional services when necessary. However, there are some actions you can take on your own to help your furnace perform at its best. Check and replace air filters, keep vents and ducts clean and clear, and learn about these other DIY tips.
Supplement your annual professional furnace maintenance with other important HVAC services for your home, including:
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is proud to be a family business that has been serving the Clayton, MO community for nearly half a century. Time has proven Weis Comfort Systems to be the premiere heating and cooling service provider in the Clayton area. We exist to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. Our furnace and HVAC services provide both the highest quality at the best value.
Lear more about our maintenance plans, and speak to our experienced technicians to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.