Kirkwood, MO Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance in Kirkwood, MO. Your furnace is an integral part of your home. It is what keep you comfy and cozy on even the coldest days of the year. Help it keep your family warm by scheduling professional furnace maintenance in Kirkwood, MO annually. With regular maintenance, you will enjoy a furnace that functions better and last longer. Seeking a professional to carry it out ensures that it will be done correctly, and small issues will be detected early.
We are proud to offer professional furnance maintenance services to homes throughout the Kirkwood area. Our qualified heating and cooling technicians have the skills and experience necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in Kirkwood, MO. For a Kirkwood, MO furnace tune-up, repair, or new furnace installation, as well as all your other HVAC needs, contact us today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or request service online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
As a Kirkwood resident, you are familiar with the unpredictable weather we face in all our seasons. Even those of us who cherish recreational fun in the cold outdoors of a midwestern winter, though, deserve and require a warm home in which we can seek shelter.
As with other HVAC maintenance such as air conditioner maintenance, we recommend that homeowners schedule furnace maintenance once a year. While Kirkwood, MO furnace maintenance can be done at any point during the year, fall is the best time to have this service completed. Your furnace should be inspected for issues and evaluated for performance abilities in the fall before temperatures drop for the year and you start heavily relying on your furnace to keep your home warm. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance in Kirkwood
Like almost anything else, a furnace does not live forevere. Over time, it gets dirty, worn down, and less effective. That is, unless proper and regular furnace maintenance is done. Annual Kirkwood, MO furnace maintenance includes a list of inspections, testing, and cleaning services to support your unit's overall health and performance. The right HVAC maintenance program, including annual furnace maintenance, can reduce a household's energy consumption, and utility bill, by up to 30 percent, according to Energy Star.
With yearly furnace maintenance in Kirkwood, you can expect to:
- Save money: Kirkwood, MO furnace maintenance will help you keep your furnace clean and running efficiently. You will be less likely to run into sudden HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you won't need repairs or replacement products installed as often. Maximizing your furnace's efficiency means a lower gas bill, saving you money on your monthly bills. Switch to a smart thermostat to make your home even more energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance keeps major problems from developing and enhances the strength and efficiency of your system. A a properly functioning furnace heats your home quickly and entirely and keeps your family comfortable even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In addition to keeping your furnace healthy and working well, which will keep it around longer, regular furnace maintenance may be necessary for your warranty. Keep all your records from these yearly services visits, as some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be valid.
- Avoid emergencies: Regular furnace maintenance is a preventative measure. You can avoid unnecessary breakdowns or other HVAC emergencies by receiving a professional tune-up, where any possible concerns can be addressed before they escalate into expensive problems or even safety hazards.
- Safety: With professional Kirkwood, MO furnace maintenance, your technician will make sure that your furnace and the area around it is clean and everything is securely connected. This prevents potentially dangerous situations like fires and toxic fuel leaks. They are equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other harmful gasses.
- Convenience: By acting proactively and having maintenance done, you can operate on your terms at a time that is most convenient for you. That maintenance will reduce the likelihood that you will require emergency HVAC services, too, which can be inconvenient, at best.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Your Weis technician will perform a list of tasks including cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will make sure all parts of your home furnace and heating system, including the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, and thermostat, are correctly connected and functioning properly. All of our maintenance visits include the services listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
You are doing yourself and your heating and cooling system a huge service by scheduling professional Kirkwood, MO furnace maintenance every fall, and using other professional services when necessary. However, there are some actions you can take on your own to help your furnace perform at its best. Check and replace air filters, keep vents and ducts clean and clear, and try these other DIY tips.
We provide all the HVAC services your home needs, including:
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is proud to be a family business that has been serving the Kirkwood, MO community for almost fifty years. We have been the premiere heating and cooling service provider in the Kirkwood area. We exist to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. Our furnace and HVAC services provide both the highest quality at the best value.
Lear more about our maintenance plans, and speak to our HVAC professionals to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.