St. Joe, IL Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance in St. Joe, IL. Your furnace is an integral part of your household. It is what keep you comfy and cozy all winter long. Do your part to keep your family warm by scheduling professional furnace maintenance in St. Joe, IL every year. When maintenance is done regularly, your furnace will work better and last longer. Seeking a professional for these services ensures that it will be done correctly, and small problems will be caught early.
We are proud to offer exemplary furnance maintenance services to homes throughout the St. Joe area. Our certified and trained heating and cooling technicians have the skills and experience necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in St. Joe, IL. Count on Weis Comfort Systems for all your home's HVAC needs, including a St. Joe, IL furnace tune-up, repair, or installation. Reach out today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
We St. Joe citizens are well acquainted with extreme and irrational weather patterns in all our seasons. While those of us who grew up in the chilly winters of the midwest may relish our fun in the cold winter snow, low temperatures are best enjoyed outdoors and aren't meant for inside our homes, where our families shelter.
Just like any kind of heating and cooling maintenance service such as air conditioner maintenance, we recommend that homeowners schedule furnace maintenance once annually. While St. Joe, IL furnace maintenance can be done at any point during the year, fall is the most opportune time to have this service completed. Prior to the onset of the cold season when your furnace will be working its hardest, you should have an HVAC technician evaluate your furnace's performance capabilities and investigate any possible problems. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance in St. Joe
Like many things, a furnace does not live forevere. Dust, lint, and grime build up, parts begin to wear down, and overall performance declines. That is, unless proper and regular furnace maintenance is done. Annual St. Joe, IL furnace maintenance includes a list of inspections, testing, and cleaning services to help your unit stay running at its best. With a good HVAC maintenance schedule, including furnace maintenance every year in the fall, you can conserve up to 30 percent of your home's standard energy consumption according to Energy Star, which in turn leads to significant monthly utility savings.
With yearly furnace maintenance in St. Joe, you can expect to:
- Save money: St. Joe, IL furnace maintenance will help you keep your furnace clean and running efficiently. You will be less likely to run into sudden HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you won't need repairs or replacement products installed as often. Keeping your furnace working at its peak capacity means a lower gas bill, saving you money on your monthly bills. Switch to a smart thermostat to make your home even more energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance keeps major problems from developing and enhances the strength and efficiency of your system. A happy, healthy furnace heats your home quickly and entirely and keeps your family comfortable even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In the process of getting your furnace in tip-top shape through this yearly maintenance, you may also be satisfying your manufacturer's warranty terms. If you need to use the warranty, you may need to present maintenance documentation, as some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be redeemed.
- Avoid emergencies: Regularly scheduled furnace maintenance is an exercise in prevention. You can avoid unnecessary breakdowns or other HVAC emergencies by receiving a professional tune-up, where any possible concerns can be addressed before they escalate into expensive problems or even safety hazards.
- Safety: Professional St. Joe, IL furnace maintenance includes, among many other steps, making sure all your furnace components, vents, and surrounding areas are clean and securely connected. This prevents potentially dangerous situations like fires and toxic fuel leaks. Your technician is equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other harmful gasses.
- Convenience: By scheduling a maintenance call for your furnace, you can have it done when it's convenient for you. That maintenance will reduce the likelihood that you will encounter the need for emergency HVAC services, too, which can disrupt other plans when you least expect it.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Our professional furnace tune-up includes an extensive checklist of cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will examine the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, thermostat, and all other parts of your furnace and air exchange system to make sure everything is correctly connected and functioning properly. All of our maintenance visits include the services listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
Annual professional maintenance is important to the functioning of your furnace. And in the event that something eventually breaks or decide it's time to upgrade to a new furnace, call Weis for furnace repairs or furnace installation.
You are doing your home and your heating and cooling system a huge service by scheduling professional St. Joe, IL furnace maintenance every year, and using other professional services when necessary. However, you can take additional steps on your own to keep your furnace healthy. Check and replace air filters, keep vents and ducts clean and clear, and try these other DIY tips.
We provide all the HVAC services your home needs, including:
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is a family business and has been an integral part of the St. Louis area community for nearly fifty years. Time has proven Weis Comfort Systems to be the leading provider for all heating and cooling services in the St. Joe area. We exist to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. Our furnace and HVAC services provide both the highest quality at the best value.
Lear more about our maintenance plans, and speak to our HVAC professionals to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.