Waterloo, IL Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance in Waterloo, IL. Your furnace is an integral part of your household. It keeps you cozy and comfortable all winter long. Do your part to support your home heating system by scheduling professional furnace maintenance in Waterloo, IL every year. When maintenance is done regularly, you will enjoy a furnace that functions better and last longer. Seeking a qualified technician to carry it out means that it will be done correctly, and small issues will be caught preemptively.
We are proud to offer exemplary furnance maintenance services to homes throughout the Waterloo area. Our qualified heating and cooling technicians have the skills and experience necessary to deliver the best furnace maintenance and inspection in Waterloo, IL. Count on Weis Comfort Systems for all your home's HVAC needs, including a Waterloo, IL furnace tune-up, repair, or installation. Reach out today by calling (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online today.
When To Get Furnace Maintenance
As a Waterloo resident, you are familiar with the unpredictable weather we face throughout the year. Even those of us who cherish recreational fun in the cold outdoors of a midwestern winter, though, deserve and require a warm home in which we can seek shelter.
Just like any kind of heating and cooling maintenance service like air conditioner maintenance, we recommend that furnace maintenance is done once annually. While Waterloo, IL furnace maintenance can be done at any point during the year, fall is the best time to have this service completed. Your furnace should be inspected for issues and evaluated for performance abilities in the fall before temperatures drop for the year and you start heavily relying on your furnace to keep your home warm. Contact your HVAC service provider, Weis Comfort Systems, before the beginning of winter to schedule your furnace maintenance.
Reasons To Get Furnace Maintenance in Waterloo
Like many things, a furnace wears down over time. Over time, it gets dirty, worn down, and less effective. That is, unless proper and regular furnace maintenance is done. Your Waterloo, IL furnace maintenance professional will run through an extensive checklist to inspect, test, adjust, and clean your unit and support your unit's overall health and performance. The right HVAC maintenance program, including annual furnace maintenance, can conserve up to 30 percent of your home's standard energy consumption according to Energy Star, which in turn leads to significant monthly utility savings.
Annual furnace maintenance in Waterloo allows you to:
- Save money: Waterloo, IL furnace maintenance will help you keep your furnace clean and running efficiently. You will be less likely to run into sudden HVAC emergencies that require emergency services, and you won't need repairs or replacement products installed as often. Maximizing your furnace's efficiency means a lower gas bill, saving you money on your monthly bills. Switch to a smart thermostat for even further home energy efficiency.
- Enhance performance: Furnace maintenance not only prevents potential issues, but also maximizes performance strength and efficiency. A a properly functioning furnace keeps your entire home and your family warm whenever you need it to, even during the coldest days of the year.
- Extend the life of your furnace: In the process of getting your furnace in tip-top shape through this yearly maintenance, you may also be satisfying your manufacturer's warranty terms. If you need to use the warranty, you may need to present maintenance documentation, as some furnace warranties require that you have records of maintenance in order for it to be valid.
- Avoid emergencies: Regular furnace maintenance is a preventative measure. Your HVAC professional will be able to detect potential issues before they lead to bigger problems that require extensive repairs or even cause sudden breakdowns and other furnace-related emergencies.
- Safety: Professional Waterloo, IL furnace maintenance includes, among many other steps, making sure all your furnace components, vents, and surrounding areas are clean and properly connected. This prevents potentially dangerous situations like fires and toxic fuel leaks. Your technician is equipped to test for carbon monoxide and other harmful gasses.
- Convenience: By scheduling a maintenance call for your furnace, you can have it done when it's convenient for you. You will be less likely to require emergency HVAC services, too, which can disrupt other plans when you least expect it.
What Is Included in Furnace Maintenance?
Your Weis technician will perform a list of tasks including cleaning, testing, and examining, and adjusting. We will make sure all parts of your home furnace and heating system, including the filter, blower, coils, electrical connections, and thermostat, are correctly connected and functioning properly. Our maintenance services include the items listed below.
Our furnace maintenance includes:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections. This includes checking the gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger.
What I Can Do To Help My Furnace
You are doing your home and your HVAC system a huge service by scheduling professional Waterloo, IL furnace maintenance every fall, and using other professional services when necessary. However, you can take additional steps on your own to keep your furnace healthy. Check and replace air filters, clean all vents and ducts, and try these other DIY tips.
We provide all the HVAC services your home needs, including:
Get Furnace Maintenance Today | Weis Comfort Systems
Weis Comfort Systems is a family business and has been an integral part of the St. Louis area community for almost fifty years. Time has proven Weis Comfort Systems to be the leading provider for all heating and cooling services in the Waterloo area. Our priority has always been to keep your family safe and comfortable both in your home and in your wallet. Our furnace and HVAC services provide both the highest quality at the best value.
View our maintenance plans, and speak to our experienced technicians to find the best products and services for you. Call us today at (636) 343-8440 in Missouri, (618) 233-3039 in Illinois, or contact us online for more information or to schedule your professional furnace maintenance.