Fall HVAC Maintenance O'Fallon, IL
Annual fall HVAC maintenance is important for any home. Follow a few easy HVAC system maintenance tips on your O'Fallon, IL home every fall season as a simple way to ensure the longevity of your heating and cooling system, protect the comfort and safety of your family during the winter, and save money on winter heating bills. With Weis Comfort Systems, you are in the hands of true professionals. Our technicians take pride in our work, are knowledgeable in all areas of heating and cooling, and strive to save you money while providing great service. Sign up for a fall HVAC maintenance plan or call us at (636) 202-0073 to talk to our team about your needs.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
Take advantage of the fall season to do some routine maintenance and preparation work on your O'Fallon home HVAC system. Fall is the perfect time to address your O'Fallon, IL HVAC maintenance needs; it's no longer hot and humid, and not yet frigid and icy. At this point in the fall, your system isn't working too hard, which is the perfect time to do repairs and make upgrades. If there are any issues with your heating system, you can catch them and address them before it's time to actively heat your home. By performing HVAC maintenance in the fall, you can manage your O'Fallon, IL home's heating problems before they affect your utility bill or the comfort and safety of your family.
Weis Comfort Systems offers multiple specials and discounts every month for our services. These special offers make Weis Comfort one of the most affordable choices in St Louis and Illinois for getting your AC unit or furnace repaired/replaced. Please see below for our latest offers and contact us at (636) 202-0073.
Fall Maintenance Steps You Should Take
O'Fallon, IL fall HVAC maintenance is important, and is how you can ensure your family's comfortability and safety for the winter season. However, important doesn't have to mean difficult. In fact, there are many simple steps you can take on your own to prepare your home heating and cooling system for the fall and winter. We recommend that anyone with a home does the following fall HVAC maintenance:
- Adjust your thermostat. Set your programmable thermostat to a comfortable temperature when you are home, and set it a few degrees higher for the times you are out of the house; it will save significant energy and money over time. If you have an older, outdated thermostat, this is a good time to replace it with a new smart thermostat which can make an even bigger impact.
- Clean or replace air filters. Keeping a clean air filter in your home HVAC system is an effortless but impactful maintenance tip to improve the air quality in your home and keep your HVAC system performing at its peak. If your system takes disposable filters, you should replace them every one to three months. For systems with a reusable filter, follow the manufacturer instructions on washing the filter every one to three months. If you haven't been changing the filter as often as you should, fall maintenance time is an opportunity to establish a schedule and start fresh.
- Clean air vents. Check all the vents throughout your house. Ensure that nothing is blocking the flow of air to or from these vents, such as furniture or clutter. Use this opportunity to dust the vents as well, as this will minimize the amount of dust and other irritants that will circulate throughout your home.
- Seal leaks. Use this fall HVAC maintenance as an opportunity to winterize your O'Fallon, IL home with simple things like sealing air leaks. Use caulk and weather stripping to patch up leaks coming from windows and doorways. Replace cracked or broken windows. Use aluminum tape to patch up leaky air ducts. For major ductwork problems, call a professional.
- Clean the area around outdoor units. For many O'Fallon homes, part of the HVAC system is housed outdoors. This usually includes the AC condenser unit, and in some cases the heat pump. For safety and efficiency reasons, it's important to keep the area clear and the unit clean. As we get into the autumn season, plant growth that took place over the summer dies or goes dormant. Trim back grass and other growth and remove dead leaves and branches.
Schedule Fall HVAC Maintenance For Your Home
A simple fall maintenance routine goes a long way in keeping your O'Fallon home heating system functioning efficiently. Couple it with professional HVAC services for best results. Schedule a routine maintenance visit during which a certified HVAC professional can examine your system and identify weak points. If you encounter issues while conducting your own fall HVAC maintenance routine, you can contact a professional and schedule repairs that can be completed before temperatures drop.
Fall is also an excellent time to visit the possibility of installing new equipment. Outdated products and units need to be replaced, and you can take advantage of O'Fallon, IL incentives offered for replacing heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioning units, and thermostats with new, more efficient models. Evaluate the condition and performance of your current equipment at the beginning of the season during the rest of your fall HVAC maintenance. Discuss your best replacement options with a technician and get the new products installed in time for the winter.
HVAC Services | Weis Comfort Systems
Get started with your O'Fallon, IL home's fall HVAC maintenance right away. Contact Weis Comfort Systems or call us at (636) 202-0073 today and ask us about our maintenance plans. We will help you understand your home's needs, provide repairs and maintenance services, and recommend products to improve the overall performance of your home system.
Serving St Louis and Illinois for over 80 Years
Richard Weis returned from WWII asked for the keys from his dad and re-opened the shop as Weis Heating Company. He had a process and a plan to economically install central heating in all new homes with the new blower-driven gas furnaces. The housing boom that followed the war allowed the company to expand rapidly.
Nearly 80 years later, the current Weis generation continues the tradition of providing a quality, affordable HVAC service for our customers. At Weis, "When you live and sleep comfortably, so do we."